Ansaldo NES is a Tier One Board Member of the Nuclear Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (Nuclear AMRC), based in Sheffield.
Membership allows Ansaldo NES to support the Nuclear AMRC with:
- The generic research agenda, through representation on the programme and research boards
- The supply of services and facilities, making them available for the Nuclear AMRC for practical demonstrations and applications
Knowledge, experience and development of the nuclear supply chain, including potential tier three and tier four suppliers
The Nuclear AMRC was established with Government support to:
- Enhance the capabilities and competitiveness of the UK civil nuclear manufacturing industry
- Work with members to develop world-leading manufacturing processes and technologies
- Help UK manufacturing companies compete for nuclear contracts worldwide
- Become the focal point for the UK civil nuclear manufacturing industry
The Nuclear AMRC brings together the manufacturing and engineering expertise of the University of Sheffield’s Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre, the nuclear and materials technology capacity of The University of Manchester’s Dalton Nuclear Institute, and the experience and resources of industry leaders.
Key work programmes include:
- Manufacturing process R&D – working with the UK nuclear manufacturing supply chain to develop the technical capability to compete on cost, quality and time to delivery
- Quality & accreditation – giving manufacturers clarity and knowledge on nuclear codes and standards and helping them meet and exceed the requirements
- Training & skills development – ensuring that the nuclear manufacturing supply chain has the skills required to compete in the global market
Want to find out more about the Nuclear AMRC?